Sunday 8 June 2014

New Facebook Messenger App Update ( 05-06-2014 Version 5.0.0.0)

Facebook has released a new update on 5th june 2014 and made the already slow app even slower. I mean it was bearable before the update on my nokia lumia 520 but after the update it became slower than a snail. 

Not this snail though, this snail is freakin' fast.

The native "Microsoft's" facebook app was crap ( I mean genuine crap). It didn't have any useful features at all and on top of that it sure was buggy and laggy. Then there came the Facebook Official Messenger App, I was so delighted to hear that and installed it with much enthusiasm. But it was a bit slow on my lumia 520, I though arhh.. it should be my limited ram that's causing it to run slow. But hey it was waayy faster and much more reliable than the facebook app itself. I was ok with that fact and learnt to cope with the app's performance. But to make matters worse ( waaayy worse) there came the latest update ( version 5.0.0.0). Bumped up the version number to a whole number and brought a whole lot of problems with it as well. 

The app overall became slow, and the chat messages are sent very late, the seen and typing features were becoming unreliable. But this update brought a couple of new features to the table too. Like,

Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.

Instant photo sharing: Take a photo and send it in just one tap. Plus, it's easier to send photos from your gallery.

And in the end they say they are working to make it more reliable and use less data (Yeah, right!! I can see that). 

So if u can avoid this update please do. If u really need those new features only god can help you.

If u disagree with me or you didn't encounter the same problems as i did, Or if u do agree with me, or for just the sake of why not.. let me know your feedback in the comment section below and if u like what you read like it and share it in all the usual places.

No comments:

Post a Comment